Who is this course designed for?
Supervisors and trades personnel, including trainees such as, but not limited to; demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, shopfitters and other such professionals.
They will also learn what to do in the event of an emergency and the simple measures that can be taken to control the risk of fires. With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to ensure that all employees have a good understanding of fire safety, whilst minimising disruption to your organisation’s day-to-day activity.
About the course
Duration: Half day
Refresher training: Recommended every 3 years
What is covered?
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The costs of fires in the workplace for employers, employees and society
- Basic fire safety duties and responsibilities
- Actions to be taken in the event of a fire
Principles of fire risk control:
- Key elements for effective fire risk management
- The fire triangle and controlling fire risks
- Fire risk control measures
If you would like a course exclusively run for your employees, at your business premises, we would be happy to arrange this for you.
Prices for a closed course are available on application. Contact our training team to find out more or to register your interest.